Newly rich Ravens run-stuffer Brandon Wi

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

注册会员

积分
发表于 2023-6-7 10:50:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
is a big-bodied run-stuffer. He's one of the best in the league at containing the interior of the line, and he got paid handsomely this offseason because  Wes Schweitzer Jersey of that with a five-year, $52.5 million contract from the .In order to justify a deal like that, though, Williams also knows that he needs to do more. He can't just be a two-down player and he can't just be a force against the run. He needs to push the pocket and get to the quarterback." ," Williams said, per ESPN.com. "I need to get my pa s-rushing up. I am excited. I just had a meeting with our D-line coach, Coach Joe Cullen  Logan Thomas Jersey yesterday, about me kind of fine-tuning. I have the run-stop. I could still work on it, obviously, but I'm more just trying to work on my pa s rush, trying to get out there and do the best I can."  Williams totaled 4.5 sacks acro s his first four seasons in the NFL. The Ravens run a 3-4 for the most part, so his role hasn't been really to get to the quarterback but to occupy blockers so that his teammates can slice through clean lanes. Baltimore is fourth in the NFL in sacks during his time in the league Cornelius Lucas Jersey , but dropped down Tress Way Jersey  to 26th last season.The Ravens drafted a few pa s-rushers in the middle rounds of this year's draft in , and . It's po sible that rushers coming from different angles will open things up for Williams up the middle, but it's more likely that Williams' role continues to be the same and any additional sacks from him will come from beating the man in front of him one-on-one.  It's not unheard for a player like Williams to make a jump in sacks: run-stopper had 2. Landon Collins Jersey 5 sacks last season after having only 1.5 through his first four seasons. Harrison moved from a 3-4 defense to a 4-3, though, so that's a bit different. If Baltimore mixes up formations more often this season and lets Williams play one-gap instead of two, then he could find himself in the quarterback's face more often.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|金融微课

GMT+8, 2024-3-30 00:01 , Processed in 0.049994 second(s), 17 queries .